I haven't played tag since elementary school, but I remember there were so many versions. Color tag, TV tag, freeze tag. To bad I only remember the latter one. But I was introduced to a new version recently, Campaigner Tag!
I've been tagged by Jennifer Baker and Vikki, to answer 11 questions. Except, they've each given me 11 questions. Sorry guys, but you're in for a long post. You might want to make popcorn.
1. What thing have you written that you’re most proud of?
This changes a lot. I'm usually most proud of my most recent work, as I feel it's better than all the previous ones. In this case, a ghost story titled Flicker.
2. What are you working on at the moment?
Flicker. It's about a young girl in rural Wisconsin who has the ability to see ghosts, though the only that hang out near her house are those of animals. So she goes searching for human ghosts, with unexpected results. (Bah, I suck at summaries)
3. Where would you like to see yourself in 5 years time?
Hopefully with a book/novella in the market and a career. I want to move out of my parents' place XD
4. You buy an old lamp, whilst cleaning it a genie appears…you know the rest lol. Your 3 wishes are?
Oh, I've had this one planned for ages. 1) To find 20 dollars under my pillow everyday (cuz it's too small of an amount to garner much attention, and I can totally live off of $20 a week for non-necessities. I'd slowly get rich ^_^) 2) To be able to speak, read, and write five languages fluently other than my native tongue (Greek, Spanish, Japanese, German, Elvish) 3) Fix my teeth, permanently. All nice and healthy with no problems in the future. I have such weak enamel it's crazy. I even use prescription toothpaste.
5. List 2 of your bad habits? Come on, we all have some.
I keep my laptop next to my bed. This means I stay up later than I should. I also have a hard time saying 'no' to sweets in front of me. Or rather, I can say no, but once I slip up once half of those truffles will find their way into my stomach.
6. If you were a superhero, what special power would you have?
Shapeshift. I always wanted to be an Animorph.
7. Tell us the name of one of your characters, one you really like?
I really like Shina, a character whose story is on hold. But Cydelle, who stars in Flicker, also has a name I like.
8. What scares you?
Honestly? ...drifting away from my friends when I move and not being able to make new ones.
9. Sum up your personality in 3 words?
Vibrant, crazy, and stranger shy. (let's call that last one a space compound word, shall we?)
10. Name 2 of your vices?
Selfish (I do NOT share my chocolate), lazy
11. Do you have a pet peeve/hate? What is it?
Repetition, on my end. When I have to repeat things, not so much when things are repeated to me. Depending on who's talking, of course.
And from Jennifer
1. What literary character (any genre) can you most relate to & why?
Um, man that's tough. I can't say I have one, I don't really pay attention to stuff like that alot. Instead I tend to homogenize characters, as it I give them similar attributes to me in my head until I'm reminding otherwise. Even if the character is a 48 year old male, I usually don't think of him more than 5 years my senior unless there's a reason on the page to change that.
2. If you could choose between having six months to yourself to pursue your art in a great area with beautiful landscape to write and no worries on money, food, living arrangements but would not be able to have any communication with the outside world whatsoever, would you do it?
Yes. Writing and nature are two things that make me happy, and I've always believed that you have to rely on yourself for things before others. I could totally do it without much issue - I've been isolated before, but when I get back I would socialize like crazy.
3. What do you think is more important: true love or success?
At the moment, success. But that could be because I've never been in love.
4. What is usually the first thing you do when you get up in the morning?
Hit the snooze button and roll over XD
5. Of all the books pubbed that you have had the pleasure to read which one to you most wish you’d written?
Well, Harry Potter, because it made a bunch of money! Lol, actually, I recently read The Last Unicorn by Peter Beagle and fell in love with his prose. I wish I could write like that, with amazing, vivid prose, and still be remembered 40 years later.
6. Why do you write?
Because I have no choice. In all seriousness. Plots and idea invade my head to the point where I can't concentrate on things I should be doing, like studying, working, or even driving. (No joke, I totally didn't give a woman the right of way early this week). I find that more my sanity, I have to write. It gives me great joy, and awesome God powers.
But once a story is written, I find that I equally write to share. I get so much pleasure from posting a story, and receiving reviews along the lines of people's feelings towards the characters. I write to get a reaction out of people, to touch them, just as writing as a craft has left it's mark on me.
7. If you had to lose one of your senses which would it be? (And yes, I include taste in this.)
Would you believe me if while thinking about this, I kept on getting stuck on four senses? I couldn't remember the fifth! But then I recalled it was smell, but since I forgot at that one, I'm gonna say I can live without it.
8. What is the best memory you have? Have you ever used it in your writing?
What's your definition of 'best memory'? Something you think of and it causes you to smile? In that case, some of the ridiculous Skype conversations I have with my sister and our friend in Germany.
9. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
I have a personal goal to visit all 7 continents, minus Anartica because I have no desire to go there. I've two short, but have plans for the one, and so I'd have to say someplace in Asia. Most likely Japan, because I'm a manga/anime fan.
10. What is your favorite thing to do before you write?
Turn on itunes. I love music, and can't imagine writing without it.
11. What is the food/drink item you go to most when stressed/upset/irritated? What is the food/drink item you go to most when happy/exuberant/celebratory?
In both cases, chocolaty treats. Brownies usually when I'm happy, cuz then I don't mind cooking, and just the bags of chocolate around the house when stressed.
Slag, that was more intense than I though it would be. And now, because this is a game of tag, some of you are the new 'it'! Normally, I'd say run away from them, but this was quite fun. While this started as a Platform Building Campaign pass-along (what do you call these these, blogging memes?), I've expanded it a bit because many people in my Campaign group have already been tagged.
(That's a rather pitiful short list to my eyes. I need to get out on the Webbernet more)
And now, the 11 questions you, if you choose to accept this mission, shall answer.
1) Star Trek or Star Wars, and why?
2)What book are you most excited about being released soon?
3)What childhood franchise do you wish would be rebooted?
4)How long have you been blogging?
5)What was the first story you ever wrote?
6)Describe in 3 words a character you're currently working with.
7)Favorite Disney movie?
8)Favorite family recipe?
9)Favorite TV crime drama?
10)What's your favorite thing to wear when writing?
11)What do you give up in order to have time to write?